It’s the last week of February! Bring on the nicer weather! I’m over the cold and grey days. There are some okay ones in the mix though. Yesterday was warmer than it has been, so Adrian and I played “monkey in the middle” with Archer in the snow. It was adorable to see him hop-running between us because the snow was deep for his little legs!
- On Saturday, we went to a surprise 30th birthday party for a friend of ours. His wife set up a Mario Kart themed get together, where we were asked to dress as a character from the game. The best part was the Wii Mario Kart tournament. I used to be a pro at it on Nintendo 64 and didn’t do so bad, but sadly didn’t come out a champ. I blame the booze! Adrian and I both went as Yoshi, using this easy and cute tutorial I found online. We made them last minute, as we do most things, but I thought they still turned out pretty great!
- Do you have a tattoo you regret from your earlier years? Getting it removed may end up being an easy fix soon! The science behind this is pretty interesting too. I have one of my own that I never quite finished and though I don’t love it anymore, I’m not sure if I would rid of it or not. I guess it’s because it’s a part of me now and part of who I was then. I suppose we’ll see how I feel about it if/when the cream comes out!
- About two weeks ago my left eye started twitching randomly throughout the day. It has started getting less frequent and even stopped over the weekend, but when I was making my coffee this morning, it came back again. I have a feeling it’s stress during the week, so I’ve been looking at different techniques to relax more. I saw these five yoga moves for stress and can’t wait to get started this evening. They seem really simple and I’m just looking for something to help me decompress each night, so I thinking this is a good start for me. The Legs Up the Wall pose looks super comfortable. I’m half-tempted to try it out in the office!
- Currently Watching: Have you seen Togetherness on HBO? I caught a preview for it before Girls one night and watched an episode shortly after. One episode turned into 5! I really love the cast, with Mark Duplass (definitely one of my crushes), Amanda Peet, Melanie Lynskey, and Steve Zissis. It’s just real and I enjoy and appreciate the humor they find in long term relationships and every day life.
- Currently Reading: I finished up Still Alice and cried a lot throughout it. Last night, Julianne Moore won the Oscar for best actress in the film, so now I have to watch the movie this week sometime! I highly recomment reading the novel though. Now, I am on to Maude by Donna Mabry. I am close to finishing this one because we didn’t have any plans yesterday and I’ve really enjoyed it so far.